It's time to say HELLO to cosy blankets, fluffy socks, cacao, and comforting food.
Hmmmmm,when I think about it, September isn't actually that bad.
When I think of food, Autumn is my favourite season. Beetroots,carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, marrow, zuchinni,beans, pumpkin,tomatoes, sweetcorn, apples, pears, plums. We are spoilt for choice.
And when I think Autumn, I think pie!Pie that burst with fresh veg!
800g potatoes, peeled
50g soft butter
1 turkey breast, diced(350g)
5 small shallots, cut into quarters
marrow, peeled, diced(350g)
300g tomatoe puree
200ml warm water
1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
a little oil, like rapeseed for cooking
1. Boil or steam peeled potatoes.
2. Preheat the oven to 190 C.
3. In the meantime, heat oil in a pan, brown the shallots, add turkey. Stir fry for few of minutes until turkey is done.Shuck the corn.Remove kernels by standing the ear of corn upright on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut the kernels straight down along the cob. Add it to the pan along with marrow, tomato puree and water(less that 200ml if tomatoe puree isn't very thick). Season with salt and pepper.Bring to boil and simmer for around 20 minutes, adding a little bit more water if the sauce looks too thick.
4. Mash the cooked potatoes with butter and a little salt(if you don't add any while cooking).
5. Place the sauce with meat and veg in a ceramic dish, cover with mash potatoes. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
NOTES: You may as well make it a vegetarian dish, swaping turkey for some more veg.