Friday, May 24, 2013

SWEET AND SPICY CHICKEN

Have I mentioned in my last post that we had a gorgeous weather last Sunday?Yep!It WAS gorgeous!And it WAS (by the look of it) the last day of our ''summer''.......it has never stoped raining since then.
The temperature dropped to 7 C(I'm just reminding - it's May!!!I used to like May.....)
but with this horrible and freezing wind it feels like -10 at least!

I finished work at 1pm today,run from the car to the house(nearly blown away by the wind), put my pyjamas on and I've been pottering around in my kitchen all day,poking around in the cupboards...
PLAN FOR TODAY: create a little bit of SUNSHINE ON THE PLATE ;-)

The recipe has been inspired by Asia from www.kwestiasmaku.com,one of my favourite ''food paradise'' with super tasty eats and beautiful photos.You must go and have a look ;-)
 



RECIPE:

SERVES: 4

INGREDIENTS:

2 chicken fillets,diced
1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
400 g pineapple, peeled and diced
1or 2 (if you dare) eye bird chillies, chopped or 1tbsp chilli powder
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil
 

ADDITIONALLY:
200 g rice
spring onions,chopped

1.Mix the chicken fillets with red pepper and add chilli.Leave  for 15 minutes.

2.Mix pineapple with honey and also leave it for 15 minutes.

3.In the meantime cook the rice.

4.Pour the olive oil into a pan, warm it up and add chicken and pepper mix.Stir-fry until cooked and add pineapple mix.Cook together for another 3-5 minutes.

5.Serve with rice and sprinkle spring onions on the top.




No comments:

Post a Comment